In addition to the “Kitchen Show” stands starring chefs Claude Troisgrois and Dalton Rangel,
the Company will also launch new categories and unveil products in line with market trends
Sao Paulo, May 07, 2019 – Seara Alimentos will unveil this year’s biggest new products at the APAS Show 2019, considered the largest supermarket food, beverage, hygiene, equipment and technology fair in the world, which is being held from May 06 to 09 at Expo Center Norte, in São Paulo. This year, in addition to welcoming renowned chefs such as Claude Troisgrois and Dalton Rangel, who will share a few recipes with guests at “Kitchen Show”, Seara Alimentos will also unveil new categories introducing a range of distinctive products to its portfolio, all of which uphold the brand’s traditional quality standards.
The highlights include Seara Nature, a range offering products that only use natural preservatives to meet clean label requirements; Seara Organic Chicken, a complete and innovative range made from animals fed with a balanced, vegetable-based diet with 100% organic, non-transgenic corn and soybeans coupled with vitamins and minerals; the Incredible Seara Gourmet Burger, a vegetarian burger with the same flavor and texture as real meat, but made with 100% vegetable protein; and the new Bacon Seara Gourmet range, offering premium products, several cuts and types of superior quality bacon made using carefully-chosen raw materials and unique production processes.
“Seara Alimentos constantly invests in innovation, technology and global trends, not just in food, but also in services that add value to customers’ culinary experiences and provide high quality products. Our portfolio is constantly growing and, with the new products unveiled at APAS, we will continue to pioneer several product categories”, said José Cirilo, executive Marketing director at Seara Alimentos.
According to Cirilo, “the Company is investing in products that reflect customers’ demands, providing options that cater to various profiles and occasions”.
Seara Alimentos highlights at the APAS Show 2019, located in the Green Hall:
A brand new Seara range that meets the market’s clean label requirements, offering products that contain no artificial preservatives. Made with only a few well-known, select ingredients, the range is aimed at people who believe a natural diet is the best way to lead a healthy life, without giving up the pleasures of food. There are eight new products formulated using only natural ingredients, such as rosemary, celery and acerola extracts, which are preservatives and do not change the product’s flavor.
- Hamburgers and Meatballs: made with 100% beef and enriched with super grains (linseed and chia);
- Grain-Crusted Chicken Fillet: 100% DaGranja chicken breast with a grain-based crust (oat flour and linseed), which is not pre-fried;
- Ham and Sausages: 100% pork leg with natural spices.
SEARA ORGANIC CHICKEN
The Seara Organic Chickens receive a balanced, vegetable-based diet made from 100% organic, non-transgenic corn and soy, with added vitamins and minerals. The chickens are not given any hormones or growth inducers, as per Brazilian legislation, and have total freedom to express their natural behavior and free access to outside areas during the breeding process. They also receive special care from a team of technicians and veterinarians who ensure the best animal welfare practices are implemented.
They follow parameters set out in the Organic Handling Plan, based on sustainability and which guarantees traceability across the production chain. All products have IBD certification that recognizes organic products at national and international levels.
The packaging is carefully developed with 100% recyclable material, representing another step forwards in sustainability.
- 1 by 1 Frozen Cut range, in 600 gram and ZIP lock packages: practical and exclusive in this category:
- Breast Fillet; Breast Strips; Drumstick and Thigh Fillets; Small Chicken Breast (Sassami); Chicken Wings, Thighs and Drumsticks;
- 600 g Trays: 100% recyclable packaging:
- Chicken Breast, Thighs, Drumsticks, Heart, Liver and Gizzard;
- Vacuum-packed Whole Chicken: more appealing at the point of sale.
Seara Gourmet is the premium range from Seara Alimentos. The portfolio has superior quality products, made with selected meat, the best raw materials and uses innovative processes, providing products with a distinct texture and flavor, in addition to cold cuts imported from Italy.
- Seara Gourmet Bolognese Lasagna: created to surprise even the most demanding palates. A taller lasagna recipe with more filling made exclusively for the oven. The Seara Gourmet Lasagna is hand crafted with beef and natural tomato sauce, fried with bacon, garlic, parsley, basil and black pepper, complete with a delicious mozzarella and parmesan topping;
- Seara Gourmet Incredible Burger: created to surprise! A vegetarian hamburger with the same unmistakable flavor and texture of real meat. The burger is 100% vegetable, made with soy, beets, wheat, garlic and onion. Perfect for everyday meals, combining convenience with the pleasure of eating;
- Seara Gourmet Special Bacon Range: created for bacon lovers! Three ideal products for recipes which are practical and versatile, suitable for every situation. Available versions include:
- Bacon Strips: standard thin strips;
- Double Smoked Bacon Strips: double smoked, ideal meat ratio, thicker strips for gourmet cooking;
- Diced Bacon: standardized sizes in two individual packages.
- Barbecue is now gourmet! The new Seara Gourmet Special Sausage range arrives bringing flavor and quality. There are five flavors:
- Spicy (mix of four peppers): black, pink, white and jalapeño;
- Cuiabana: stuffed with rennet and natural spices;
- Bonnet Pepper: bonnet pepper and fennel grains;
- Leek: chopped garlic and leek;
- Chicken and Bacon: with bacon bits.
The Seara Rotisserie range is the first to offer chilled ready meals in Brazil. The brand will launch a new subcategory this year, the Seara Rotisserie Fit, offering fitness-inspired products and some dishes with chicken from the Seara DaGranja range, which are preservative free and raised on 100% vegetable feed.
Seara Alimentos is the first and only Brazilian company to use the Power Vac technology that employs a powerful vacuum while the meal is still being prepared at the factory, preserving the flavor and freshness of the ingredients without the need to add preservatives, food coloring or flavorings. The entire range is made using products that can be found in consumer’s kitchens and must be stored in the refrigerator. The dishes are easy to heat in the microwave and are ready to eat when the packaging whistles, or within four minutes.
- Seara Rotisserie: Feijoada with Rice and Pork Fillet in Orange Sauce with Rice and Nuts;
- Seara Rotisserie Fit: Chicken with Sweet potato, Chicken with Quinoa and Vegetables, Oriental Chicken with Broccoli and Carrots, Mushroom Stroganoff with Wholegrain Rice;
- Seara Rotisserie Fit (with DaGranja chicken): Chicken in Herb and Chia Sauce with Wholegrain Rice and Chicken in Vegetable Sauce with Wholegrain Rice.
- Chickenitos Supreme in Multipurpose Container: made with chicken breast, breaded in crispy, dry tempura flour, just like the biggest fast food chains across the world, and with no added preservatives. The product is sold in a multipurpose container that is microwavable and can be reused;
- Beef Burger – 6 units: now available in six unit packaging. A new option for people who want quality at more accessible prices. Best of all, it is also made from 100% beef, making a tender and juicy burger;
- Single Hamburger: adding value to this commoditized market, Seara is exclusively offering a new range of single 75g burgers.
- New Seara Hot Dog and Longuette Sausages: a new and improved products that underlines flavor, color and especially bite.
- Delicata for Cooking was developed to IMPROVE HEALTH in industrial and culinary applications! It is made without hydrogenation, so it contains no hydrogenated fat, which means zero trans fat and zero cholesterol. It is a health-oriented product that is also creamy, salty, made with cotton oil (an innovation in the margarine industry) and 70% lipids. Ideal for pastries, pies, breads, sauces and shallow frying.
A traditional handcrafted range, Eder is known for its select ingredients, distinct flavors and craft products, offering improved quality. This year, the brand will introduce several innovations, including a fresh visual identity, but will continue to focus on the brand’s values and its traditional quality.
- Bacon Extra Shank: cooked and smoked bacon made from pork belly cuts and shoulder. The product has a higher proportion of meat and is mead using a slow and natural smoking process, resulting in tastier, more attractive bacon.
- Smoked sausage 350 g: naturally smoked sausage with characteristic flavor and color. Smoked sausage is made using beef and pork, seasoned with red and calabrian pepper and packed into natural casings. The 350 g pack comes in two separate segments;
- Bacon Slab 440 g: bacon is an extremely versatile product that can spice up any dish. Its flavor is obtained using a slow, natural smoking process. Packs weigh approximately 440 g;
- Frozen Pork Leg Sausage 5 kg: the pork leg sausage is a must-have for every Brazilian barbecue. It is made with select pork cuts, seasoned with garlic and white pepper to provide a balance between meat and fat. Available in 5 kg packages;
- Smoked Chicken Breast: low in fat and ideal for people who want a more balanced diet without giving up on flavor.
Eder Charcutarie Range
The range includes hand crafted Sausages produced in small quantities, using high quality raw materials and processes that emphasize the best flavors.
- Seasoned Calabria Sausage 400 g and 1 kg: naturally smoked and packed into natural casings, this sausage is made with herbs, fennel and Calabria pepper. Available in 1 kg and 400 g packs;
- Smoked Special Calabria Sausage 240 g: naturally smoked with a light soning. It is around 2 cm thick and available in 240 g packages;
- Frescal Sausage with Vinaigrette 4 kg: seasoned with tomato, onion and garlic, the sausages are sold in long links approximately 50 cm in size, attached to one another using the exclusive Eder seal. Available in 4 kg packages;
- Frescal Sausage with Cumari Pepper 4 kg: featuring the very spicy cumari pepper, from Southeastern Brazil. In addition to the cumari, the sausage also contains a mixture of herbs, especially rosemary, thyme and basil. The sausages are sold in long links approximately 50 cm in size, attached to one another using the exclusive Eder seal. Available in 4 kg packages;
- Vienna Sausage 350g: made with beef and bacon, the recipe also includes peppers, nutmeg and coriander, providing a distinct flavor and texture compared with traditional sausages;
- White Sausage 320g: typically from Bavaria, Germany, this sausage is made using bacon and pork shoulder and seasoned with parsley, coriander, onion and nutmeg. It uses natural casings that offer a more resistant bite;
- Garlic Sausage 320g: a thicker, lightly smoked sausage made with garli. It is packed in natural casings that give a more resistant bite;
- Hungarian Sausage 300g: pork shoulder seasoned with spicy and sweet paprika;
- Schüblig Sausage 400g: a traditional German sausage made with natural gut casings and seasoned with white, red and Jamaican pepper;
- Frankfurt Sausage 300g: made using pork shoulder and bacon, seasoned with onions, white pepper, fennel and ginger.
Facebook and Instagram: @eder.alimentos
Hans is a traditional brand of cold cuts and sausages made using original German recipes. Since 1997, it is well-known for its rigorous production process that provides consumers with very high quality food and unique flavors.
- Chopped Ribs: the rib is seasoned with brine and then cured, in order to enhance its flavor and color. Naturally smoked, it has a distinctive flavor and adds personality to every dish. The new version comes in a pack with 4 rib segments, ideal for those who want to use smaller quantities;
- Individually Packaged Pork Knee: a traditional German product, known as Eisbein, the knee is seasoned with garlic, ginger and cinnamon and then goes through a slow, natural smoking process. Now available in individual packs;
- Cooked Ham with Fat Cap: the cooked ham with fat cap by Hans is made from whole, deboned pork shoulder that goes through a long massaging process to improve texture and flavor. The ham is not seasoned with peppers, but a mixture of cloves and cinnamon, offering a more balanced and pleasant flavor. A high quality product that is very popular among consumers.
Facebook and Instagram: @hans.alimentos
Buona Italia is a brand specializing in cold cuts made from the best Italian recipes. The products are made with the highest quality meats and fresh spices that go through several processes to guarantee surprising flavors and textures.
- Mortadella Bologna: made with pork meat and natural spices, producing a soft texture and irresistible aroma. The mortadella is 19 cm thick and comes in large item sizes, perfect for slicing;
- Italian Salami: prepared using a traditional recipe with black pepper and white wine. The slow aging process makes a product packed with flavor and a soft texture;
- Pancetta: a product made from skinless, unsmoked, salted pork belly. The process is slow and involves several handcrafted stages, including aging. The product offers great culinary versatility and is perfect for cold meats platter or recipes such as pasta or roasts;
- Coppa: prepared from trimmed loin capocollo and just a few spices, mainly black pepper. It has a striking flavor and soft texture;
- Roma Ham: made from whole pork shoulder, including the fat cap. Seasoned with nutmeg and wine, the ham undergoes a long massaging and curing process that gives the product a succulent, meaty texture.
Facebook and Instagram: @buona.italia
Seara has been on Brazilian shelves for over 60 years. It is a Brazilian food brand that is fully committed to product quality and offers a wide range of fresh pork and poultry products as well as prepared and processed foods. Sold nationwide, Seara currently supplies ready-to-eat products to millions of Brazilian homes annually, catering to a wide range of different tastes. These products include Chicken, Pork, Breaded Product, Hamburger, Ready-to-eat Dishes, Cold Cuts and Vegetables, Pizzas, Sausages and the special Seara Monica Gang brand. Seara Alimentos sells to over 130 countries (such as Saudi Arabia, Germany, United States, United Arab Emirates, China and Japan) and holds several international certificates for production excellence, including the BRC (British Retail Consortium), SWA (Supplier Workplace Accountability), Global GAP (Global Agriculture Chain Certificate), Swiss Law, ISO 14001, Halal Certification, Certificate of Conformity (ESMA Halal National Mark), among others.